The Openwater RS1 Thermal wetsuit is the wetsuit that provides the most thermal protection in the Orca range. It features a specifically designed inner lining to maximise heat retention for open water swimming. It also features a 'bat wing' neoprene protective panel that proves more insulation in the zipper and neck areas, reinforcing the weak points of the wetsuit for swimming in cold water. This panel sits inside the zipper to limit water flushing in and out of the zip adding to the thermal properties.
- Ultimate seal collar - Combination of laser cutting on the neck and the inverse Velcro reduces friction, helping to prevent abrasion on the neck.
- Yamamoto 40 Cell - 72% Resistance. Stretching this neoprene requires 72% less force than conventional neoprene making it extremely flexible
- Yamamoto 39 cell - High elasticity that allows it to be used in mid-range wetsuits. For fast short strokes, 35% less force is required, for slow long-haul movements, 45% less force is required.
- yamamoto 38 cell - Provides compression for a better fit.
- infinitiy skin 2 - Inner lining that provides a feeling of absolute freedom. Designed from a high - elasticity nylon incorporating bamboo fibers, this technology is used in the lining of the wetsuit to provide greater flexibility in every stroke. It maintains body heat longer and reduces bad odors and the presence of bacteria in your neoprene. Made of natural and environmentally sustainable materials to avoid skin irritation and care for the environment.
- SCS outer coating - 60% Water flow resistance than conventional neoprene, which translates into faster speeds when swimming.
- Hydrolite - Helps the wetsuit come off more easily, making transitions faster.
- Thermal-X - Inner thermal lining that retains body heat.
- YKK10 Zipper
- Manufacturer Reference