Orders €100 or more ship FREE in R.O.I. Orders ship to N.I. for €10! Surfboards are Collect In Store Only. Bodyboards ship for €10 within Ireland.
The Northcore™ soft roof rack for three door cars is a unique patent pending design, created specifically for hatchback cars with three doors. The single soft rack design offers a solution for carrying surfboards and other sports equipment on cars not fitted with roof racks or roof bars. The Three Door Overhead is the only genuine three door car rack on the market!
Three door soft roof racks feature:
- Top of the range soft roof rack system designed for use only on three door hatchback cars without roof racks or roof bars
- Unique Northcore design, the only one of its kind available
- Tough metal buckles and extra strong webbing
- Holds up to 3 surfboards (depending on board size)
- Neoprene sleeve keeps buckles from damaging car or board
- Ultra-lightweight and compact ideal for travelling
- Tough re-usable bag
- 3.2m (approx) strap-fits most cars
- Place soft roof pads on the car roof with the front pad positioned approximately above the driver and front passengers seats with the rear pads positioned approximately above the rear passenger seats.
- Open front two car doors and thread the lower (grey) webbing straps through the inside of the car around the roof and tighten securely using the buckles.
- Take the two loose individual webbing straps and ensure the webbing is looped around the plastic dumbbells using the silver buckles to pull the loop together.
- Open car boot/hatch passing the loose ends of webbing through the gap onto the roof and between the boot lid hinges until the plastic dumbbells are hanging freely approximately 5cm below the webbing straps.
- Ensure all loose ends are securely stowed.
- Place the surfboards deck down onto the roof pads, passing the top webbing straps over the top of the board or boards and tighten securely using the buckles.
Never overload the roof rack system, which is designed to hold a maximum of three surfboards (less when carrying longboards). Always ensure straps are tightened fully. When carrying longer boards it is advisable to tie the front end to the car bumper.
- Manufacturer Reference